Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So the two "30 day" assignments for today are to describe my first love in great detail and to describe my crush. I don't have a crush on him, I am in love with him. I described him as my best friend yesterday, but I suppose now I will describe our relationship.

Like I said on yesterday's post, I've known him since 8th grade. I never ever thought that we would get to where we are. We were never friends before we started dating, and barely even acquaintances, up until about a month or so. But Raeann, you know how adorable I thought he was. :) I would see him walk through the halls and I thought he was the cutest thing I'd ever seen in my entire life. 

I don't typically believe in fate, but there are a lot of things that could have kept us from being together. I had him as a friend on Myspace for a while, and he deleted that one and made a new one. I thought, "I'm not going to add his new one, I never talk to him anyway", but I felt this ridiculous urge to add him anyway. I made a blog once, venting and whining about something that seems stupid and inferior now, and he felt like he would "be there for me". It's really weird now that I think about it, because we were both talking to one another about people that we liked (who weren't each other) and trying to comfort one another, hahaha. SO WEIRD.

Anyhow, I made him laugh a lot then but not now. Go figure. Guess I'm not as funny after a while, hah. He ended up liking me (albeit I'm guessing I wasn't the only one) and he eventually asked me out on MSN. I was really excited, but I had no idea what I was in for. I thought he would be totally loyal and he was not like that at all at first. He pretty much was looking for a girlfriend for the entire first six months we were dating. He would flirt with them right in front of me, talk about them, it was ridiculous. I can't even believe that I took that, but I guess I took it for a reason. He lied to me a lot and I still feel like there are some things that he has lied to me about, but if I were to ask him he would lie about it so there's not even any sense in that.

It's awful for me to think about the past because then I just get mad at him, haha.

So that's why I try to focus on the future. It is like he is two totally different people. Honestly. He is amazing. I am the only one that he has eyes for and I really truly believe it. I don't ever worry about him cheating on me, I trust him completely. I know that he loves me and I know that he will be here forever.

Yesterday actually made two years and five months that we have been together. It seems like we have been together way longer than that, but it also feels like we haven't been together nearly as long.

Our first date was at a show that he was playing. I was his first kiss and we made out pretty much the entire night in his car. But he kissed me first which was totally unexpected. The next day we saw Juno in the theater and my parents met him. I met his mom a couple of months later when my parents (very surprisingly) let me go to his house. I was the first girl that he ever had over, and his mom absolutely adores me. She calls me her daughter-in-law, haha. That's what she introduces me to people as. I love every member of his family that I have ever met.

He's broken up with me once, I've almost broken up with him once, and it seems now that that couldn't have possibly happened. We don't have much in common including personality traits but I think it keeps things interesting. We are in love and that really about sums it up, as does "Wouldn't It Be Nice If We Were Older" by the Beach Boys. :)

2 comments:

  1. I knew most of this, but it's still cute :)
    I didn't know about the daughter-in-law thing, his mom seems adorable. Cody's moms friend told the lunch ladies that while introducing me at VBS and everyone asked me when we were getting married, it was just awkward for me,ha :l

    You all are really cute together and I'm so glad he has changed for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha she always introduces me as her daughter-in-law and it is a little bit awkward just because I have to explain to them that we aren't actually married. Or engaged.

    Awwwwe hahaha, little old lunch ladies. CUTE!

    And thank you, so am I! Like you wouldn't believe.

    ReplyDelete