Monday, February 15, 2010

The night is the hardest time to be alive.

I tried so hard for so long to stop fighting sleep like a tot.
I was going to bed at, like, 6 am and not waking up until 2 pm.
I hate sleeping that way, I always feel like I need twenty-two showers.
I finally started going to bed earlier...at 9 pm. I hate going to sleep so early, I always feel like something really interesting is going to happen and I'm going to miss it. Until I woke up at 5 am.
I'm not going to be 68 for a while, so that had to stop.
Now I'm back to square one. Lost that battle.

I like being awake when everyone is asleep. It makes me feel so mystical. I can keep my eyelids up and you can't, nananabooboo.

Just so you know, this is going to probably be the longest blog I have. And you most likely aren't going to finish it. But I love telling stories, and even better if someone wants to listen.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. Josh and I celebrated our second together, but we don't have some incredible movie-worthy love story. We're just together. He makes me laugh and puts up with me, and he is the only person that I can sometimes want to backhand and hug at the same time, so I think we make a great couple. I bought him Zombieland (I think my V-day tradition is buying him zombie movies...I did that last year) and Wonka candy because the assorted heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are repulsive. He bought me acid-washed jeans and a Van Halen t-shirt. Way better than roses.

We're getting tattoos together when we can afford it. Which, for me, will be soon.
We don't want anyone's names tattooed on us. I think it's bad luck. But I do want something for us.
I'm glad he thinks that I am worth commemorating.
I'll post pictures when I get it done. I'd post them now, but I thought it up, so there aren't any.
I'm going to be one of those people who gets one tattoo and then can't stop.
That's the only reason I'm afraid to get one.
I don't want to be an 80 year old lady who gets a tattoo of whatever that ends up looking like a giraffe that has a little trouble with learning.
So I'll just be an 80 year old Janice Dickinson. Only I'll just get botox in the exact spots where I have tattoos. I don't want to be too obvious.

I have been crocheting like I won't even be allowed to next week.
I've done it a metric butt ton in the past few months.
I bought a lot of yarn and needles with the intent of learning to knit (because of my love for new hobbies). I couldn't figure it out. I watched Youtube videos, which really should be able to teach you just about anything, but I failed. Except I decided to have another go at it the other day. Turns out I was doing it right the whole time. I guess I just thought I could twiddle my purple needles a little bit and something magical would happen. I like crocheting a lot more I think.

I've been trying really hard to lose weight. I lost 28 pounds a couple of years ago and I never felt better. I gained fifty after that, though. I've been "trying" for a long time, but the past week is the only attempt at it where I've been really super motivated. I really think I have an addiction to food. I want it all the time, especially when I'm not hungry. When I'm super hungry, though, the thought of food makes me nauseous. My body has it all backwards and it ain't in my favor.

I really want it to be warm outside. Snow isn't helpful at all when you mostly take online classes.
Hiking (which is what I like to call it, but it's really just me wandering around in my backyard like I've never seen it before) is so fun to me, especially when I get so excited to listen to new songs I downloaded.
Which reminds me. If you haven't heard "Two of the Lucky Ones" by The Droge and Summers Blend, you should. That song is my second favorite part of Zombieland. The Van Halen references are the first.

I'm going to try hard not to talk about every single thing that occurs in my life, or every single thought that I have. It's going to be hard. The only blogging experience I have is my five-year-old-hasn't-been-used-in-three-years-Xanga.

 Oh, and for some reason, I'm really obsessed with getting a Kindle.

Bye!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really obessed with getting a kindle too! My mom has one, so i'm completely jealous. Although I can read all the books she gets via computer so that's kinda cool.
    -Jaclyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sweet! They are a lot more expensive than I thought they would be. :( Thank you for reading :)

    ReplyDelete